Suggestions for design patterns or examples for report writing engine

Thursday, July 10, 2014

I am creating an application using MVC 3, razor, C# and Entity Framework. I need to create several reports based on information stored in the database.


I would like to have a central form which would display the report selection. End Users would select the report from a drop down or list box. After that I would like the fields required for that report to be displayed. Finally the selection and fields would be submitted for generation and display.


While I know I could create the inputs as a model my concern is how to make this grow without being cumbersome.


I am unsure the "best way" to do this. Does anyone have a suggestion for articles or examples that would help me? I have tried to find what I need but nothing seems to really address the problem directly. I know I am not the first person to face this and would rather leverage past experiences.







http://ift.tt/1lYhrsk