2D tiled game board side view

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I am trying to copy some game and practice graphic rendering.


I am building a sea battle area where each tile is a spot the ship can be on:


Img


This is a flat board i made, but i dont really want it to be flat, and instead be like a from the side view, very hard to. explain.


Take a look at the red painting i made, this is approxelly how i want it.


Live example of the real game:


Img2


Can you see how the tike view on this image is like fron the side?


In my rendering, what i did is made 50x50 tiles array, and rendered:



For (int i = 0; i < 40 * 50; i+=40)
For (int j = 0; j < 40 * 50; j+=40)
g.drawImage(sprite, i, j);


Sorry if the code is not detailed, im on phone.


Also I am using slick2d library.


How can i draw my tiles like in the example?







http://ift.tt/TBV0Ce